Digital Summit Masterclass
Digital Summit Masterclasses are full-day, highly tactical workshops on the topics that will have the greatest positive impact on your digital marketing strategy. Led by top-notch industry experts, these deep dives will make a lasting impact on your company’s bottom line.
Mastering search engine optimization (SEO) is very much like trying to hit a moving target. With hundreds of search engine algorithm changes every year, it can get overwhelming and even a little frustrating. Just when you think you have it figured out, new technology emerges, online consumers evolve and search engines publish major updates. Instead of trailing behind, it is critical that you know the tried and true SEO techniques that will drive traffic to your website today and in the future.
This SEO workshop will provide you with strategic and tactical knowledge to boost your online visibility. Whether you are building an effective SEO plan from the ground up or just looking to optimize your already awesome strategy with advanced-level tips and tactics, this Masterclass is for you. You will walk away with both the strategic ideas and nitty gritty tactics to get the greatest visibility and conversion for your company.
You’ll receive an online interactive workbook to use during the workshop, which will allow you to walk through exercises, and personalize the information you learn to your company or brand.
At the end of this workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Stay ahead of Google updates and prepare for SEO of today and tomorrow
- List common technical problems that plague sites and how to fix them
- Use persona data to attract targeted traffic
- Take keyword research to a deeper level, including uncovering search intent
- Build a search-engine friendly website structure
- Get the most out of mobile and voice queries
- Develop a content strategy based upon topical density that drives traffic
- Identify high quality backlink opportunities
- Put it all together— Create a customized, step-by-step SEO plan to get results
- Use checklists, benchmarks and workflows to get your SEO work done
- Report results and initiatives to key decision makers within the organization
About Your Instructor: Mindy is the founder and president of Market MindShift, as well as a digital marketing strategist, national speaker, trainer and published author. Mindy has taught search engine optimization courses to companies of all sizes. Mindy co-authored The Marketing Avengers and Rich and Thin: Slim Down, Shrink Debt, Turn Calories Into Cash (McGraw Hill). She is a contributor to SearchEngineJournal.com and has been interviewed on Fox, NBC and ABC. She has also been quoted as an expert in The Huffington Post and The Washington Post. She is also an adjunct marketing professor at Grand Canyon University.
Building and maintaining an effective social media presence for your brand or organization can seem like a 24/7 job for an entire army of people. But today even mega brands are often forced to do more with less, not to mention those who are a lone superstar on a social team of one. Plus with limited budgets and constantly changing platforms, the job of a social media marketer can seem like mission impossible. Whether your team is big or small, join this day long workshop to learn advanced strategies and I-should-have-thought-of-that hacks to manage a best in class social media presence. This fun, interactive session will cover both strategic and tactical approaches to help you prioritize where and how you spend your time on social media.
You’ll receive an online interactive workbook to use during the workshop which will allow you to walk through exercises and customize the information and insights you learn to your company or brand so you can take it back to the office and begin implementing immediately.
In this full day workshop we will cover topics including:
- Setting Social Strategy: Learn to identify goals, avoid shiny object syndrome and focus on driving meaningful impact for your organization
- Latest Trends: Refresh on the latest trends and updates for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube and more to keep your tactical approach up to date
- Building Community: Offer value to your audience in a way that feels authentic, personable and still on-brand
- Visual Content Creation: Learn techniques for creating compelling visual content regardless of your industry (yes, even B2B companies!)
- Leveraging UGC and Brand Ambassadors: We’ll cover case studies for effective use of user generated content and brand ambassadors to drive engagement and save social media managers time
- Employee Engagement: Collaborate better with internal stakeholders and empower employees as brand advocates to improve your brand’s reach and interaction online
- Broadcasting Your Brand: Get more out of your video content on YouTube and Facebook to convert followers into sales (including live video!)
- Micro-storytelling and Influencers: Use Instagram Stories and Snapchat to reach younger consumers and evaluate if leveraging influencers can help your brand achieve its goals
- Measuring Impact: Learn how to measure what matters across social channels
- Scaling Your Efforts: Identify the right tools for your team (or yourself!) to get organized, streamline your social media management processes, and boost results
- What’s Next: Identify future trends to help your brand or organization get and stay ahead of the curve
About Your Instructor: Laura Wilson is the Director of Digital Engagement & Social Media at Georgetown University, one of the world’s leading academic and research institutions located in Washington, DC. She has a track record for creating or improving successful social media programs for global brands such as Hilton Hotels & Resorts, ICF International and Cvent. At Georgetown Laura sets the university’s social media strategy including leading an award-winning first-person video documentary series “Georgetown Stories” which shares the lives of 11 undergraduate students. Laura also volunteers her time consulting on social media strategy for several non-profits in the DC area.
- 8:30 am - 9:00 am Registration & Coffee
- 9:00 am - 10:30 am SEO Workshop Social Workshop
- 10:30 am - 10:45 am Break
- 10:45 am - 12:00 pm SEO Workshop Social Workshop
- 12:00 pm - 12:30 pm Lunch Break
- 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm SEO Workshop Social Workshop
- 2:00 pm - 2:15 pm Coffee Break
- 2:15 pm - 4:00 pm SEO Workshop Social Workshop
Digital Summit Masterclass – Denver
October 30th, 2017 | 8:30AM – 4:00PM
Colorado History Museum
1200 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203
The Cultural Center Garage
(12th Avenue on the west side of Broadway)
Daily Rate: $22